Sunday, 6 May 2012

Atomere, Kumancius


As a small child just starting to read I remember passing and being fascinated by a front gate in Stubbington. Whoever lived there had tacked tin (or they may have been bakelite, it was that long ago) letters to it which said ATOMERE.

And someone else nearby lost in the mists of a distant Hampshire childhood (but could it have been Martin?) lived in a house called KUMANCIUS.

I've thoughtfully included the photo above to make all my blogfriends in England, where I understand it has been raining, feel atomere. And of course if you wanted to kumancius you'd be more than welcome.


7 comments:

Vicus Scurra said...

My friend lives at "Mafeking House".

Christopher said...

I hope he (she?) pays you a decent rent, Vicus.

Rog said...

Flipping Ecks!

Christopher said...

Thank you, Rog, I'm just going outside to try this. I may be gone some time...

Martin said...

Yule Cottage, Collingwood, and The Laurels. I did attend meetings of the Wolf Cubs in Mafeking Hall, though.

Mike and Ann said...

That sounds a fascinating project.
I find that picture -the Winter Garden- a lovely , restful, one. It is, as you say, a very 'finished' picture (of a very finished season - if that makes sense).
I look forward to the next part.
P.s. Sorry we shan't be seeing you at Z's blogmeet.

Mike and Ann said...

Sorry Christopher. That last comment should have gone on to your next entry regarding your artist aunt, Evelyn Dunbar.